DIMENSIONS & SPECIFICATIONS
|Length OA||19.00 m (62′ 4″)|
|Length WL||18.42 m (60′ 5″)|
|Beam||9.25 m (30′ 4″)|
|Draught hull||0.92 m (3′ 0″)|
|Draught boards down||2.57 m (8′ 5″)|
|Sail area – up wind||192 sqm (2067 sqft)|
|Displacement||19500 kg (42990 lbs)|
|Bridge deck clearance||1.00 m (3’ 3”)|
|Engine Power||Twin 75 Hp inboard diesels|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||Ltr (USGallons)|
|Water Tank Capacity||Ltr (USGallons)|
DVD 62 foot Aluminium Cruising Catamaran – Design #067
This magnificent catamaran is our first real foray into the realm of cruising catamaran design and what a statement she has made. We worked closely with the original owner’s to accommodate all of their requirements for ocean cruising into what you see here. We believe the end result finely balances the need for speed under sail, seaworthiness, construction practicality and spacious accommodation all in a reasonably cost-efficient package.
The recently developed a smaller sister the DVD 52ft Catamaran has benefitted from all that was learnt on the 62’ Cat design. Understandably ketch rigs on catamarans are not mainstream but experience has shown that there are several advantages to a split rig with a low centre of effort. Having said that, we are keen to update the styling for this design and if necessary explore a single mast rig configuration. Please do not hesitate to contact us if this vessel suits your requirements and you would like to explore the possibilities.
Features of the 62’ Aluminium Cat Design:
- Shallow draft (0.925m) with boards retracted.
- Low CE and easily handled Ketch Rig
- Robust Sealium Aluminium Hull Construction, compliant with ISO and Lloyd’s SSC
- Proven over 90 000 nautical miles
- Proven displacement under 20 000 kg.
- Efficient sailing performance (Bruce # = 1.3, D/L = 82, WLL/WLB = 11, SA/D = 27.5)
- Accommodation for 10 persons in 4 cabins.
- Fast, capable and comfortable passage-making ability.
- Unmatched all-round visibility from the deck saloon.
- Safe and comfortable sail handling from the forward cockpit, protected by oversize scuppers designed to drain the cockpit in under 2 minutes.
Elcie changed ownership in late 2019 after 10 years operating as a blue-water adventure cruiser under her original owners. Now she will be the flagship for www.sealegacy.org a uniquely forward thinking marine conservation foundation.